Caltowie Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Caltowie (5490) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 194 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Caltowie is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Caltowie was 179 and is comprised of approximately 49.2% females and 50.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Caltowie is 49 years of age.

88.1% of people living in the suburb of Caltowie were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% England, 2.8% Netherlands, 2.8% Germany.

96.1% of people living in Caltowie speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Caltowie is 28.7% No religion, 18.2% Uniting Church, 16.0% Catholic, 9.4% Anglican, 8.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Lutheran, 3.9% Baptist, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.7% Islam, 1.7% Latter-day Saints.

60.8% of people are married, 25.0% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Caltowie.

64.6% of the people living in Caltowie over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.7% are working on a part time basis. Caltowie has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Caltowie are 39.3% Managers, 11.9% Sales workers, 10.7% Labourers, 10.7% Technicians & trades workers, 9.5% Professionals, 7.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Caltowie work in are 44.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.3% Health care and social assistance, 9.1% Retail trade, 9.1% Wholesale trade, 7.8% Manufacturing, 7.8% Construction, 3.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.9% Other services.

53.7% of homes are fully owned, and 25.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $403 per week and the median household income is $785 per week.

The median rent in Caltowie is $65 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $780 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Caltowie postcode 5490

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Minlaton 5575 -> Spencer Gulf -> South Australia